Subject: Kudos for October Activity Weekend
- To Stan Morris, TCC Independent, for donating and installing
anti-slip matting around the swimming pool steps.
- To the PWA camp out attendee
who donated two hospital style mattresses with cleanable protective coverings
for the bunkhouse.
- To Don Riggs and Scott Wayne Williams, Dallas Motorcycle
Club, for donating a pickup truck load of wood for the Fire Pit.
- To Charlton,
PWA camp out attendee, for donating a pickup truck load of wood for the Fire
- To Jack Elsbree, Lone Star Leathermen, for installing roll up
tarps to protect kitchen open areas from possible wind intrusion and
damage during the recent hurricane threat.
- To Stan Morris, TCC Independent;
Jack Elsbree, Lone Star Leathermen; Lilly and Zap Weck, A Touch Of Leather;
and Ken Witt, TCC Independent for installing power and water lines to RV
sites on the hill behind the kitchen.
- To Dale Arndt and Mark Adamson, TCC
Independents, for cutting up and removing a tree near the Fire Pit that fell
and crushed one of the metal benches.
- To Dale Arndt, TCC Independent, for
rewiring a new power strip to the unique configuration required to replace
a strip that failed during the H.O.T. Bear Camp out
- To Hal Pryor, TCC Independent,
and Stan Morris, for replacing deteriorated ice machine lines.
- To Clayton
Johnson, Trinity River Bears, for donating Rustoleum paint and repainting
five deteriorated metal benches in the Kitchen and Fire Pit areas.
- To Dale
Arndt, TCC Independent, for repairing a malfunctioning water valve in the
men's shower room.
- To Dale Arndt, TCC Independent, for donating strings of lights and installing
them on the Compound road to replace several burned out strings of lights.
OTHER LANDSITE MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS, AND MINOR IMPROVEMENTS ACCOMPLISHED
DURING THE AUGUST ACTIVITY WEEKEND
- Removed the bench crushed by the fallen
tree to the salvage area.
- Replaced leaking flapper valve in restroom toilet.
- Tightened loose toilet seat in restroom.
- Reinstalled detached toilet paper
- Reinstalled fire extinguisher bracket at Kitchen front door.
flat tire on green tractor.
SUGGESTED TASKS FOR THE OCTOBER CTIVITY WEEKEND
- The primary focus of the October Activity Weekend will be support of the
TCC Fall Quarterly Meeting.
- The tree that was cut down for safety reasons
before the Cowtown Leathermen's
run needs to be cut up into burnable pieces and transported to the
Fire Pit wood pile.
- The pew style wooden bench beside the Fire Pit has
deteriorated into an unsafe condition and needs to be broken up for
burning in the Fire Pit.
- The Fall season brings the annual accumulation of
fallen leaves upon the activity areas of the Landsite that need to be raked
up and used for mulch for flower beds or to fill in behind rock retaining
- Winterization procedures including water system and ice machine
freeze protection, portable propane heater and wood burning stove
set up, and Restroom, Kitchen, and Pole Barn enclosing may be begun.
always, looking forward to seeing everyone.